Succinonitrile - Colorless and Odorless But Highly Toxic
Succinonitrile, also called butanedinitrile, is colorless and odorless waxy solid. It is slightly soluble in water but soluble in ethanol and chloroform. It is mainly used as the solvent to extract aromatic hydrocarbon from petroleum fractions. It is often used in organic synthesis. And it is also used as the lithium-ion battery electrolyte additives which makes the lithium-ion batteries have longer service life. Besides, it is used as the raw material of quinacridone pigment and nylon-4. What's more, it is used as nickel plating brightener, which makes products bright.
Succinonitrile waxy solid.
Succinonitrile structural formula.
- Molecular formula: C4H4N2.
- Molecular weight: 80.09 g/mol.
- Density: 0.985 g/ml at 25°C.
- Vapor pressure: 0.27 kPa at 100°C.
- Flash point: 110°C.
- Melting point: 58.1°C.
- Boiling point: 267°C.
- Purity: ≥98%.
Property: succinonitrile is colorless and odorless waxy solid. It is highly toxic. It is soluble in ethanol and chloroform. It is slightly soluble in water, benzene and carbon sulfide. And the solubility in methanol is 0.1 g/ml.
- Succinonitrile is used as the solvent that is used to extract aromatic hydrocarbon from the petroleum fraction.
- It is used as the brightener of nickel plating.
- It is used as the raw material of quinacridone pigment which is widely used in car and galvanized iron sheet coating, color printing pigment and plastic products colorant.
- It is used in organic synthesis to manufacture organic substances.
- It is used to manufacture nylon-4.
- It is used as battery electrolyte additives, especially the lithium-ion battery electrolyte additives.
Succinonitrile can be used to extract aromatic hydrocarbon from the petroleum fraction.
Succinonitrile can be used as nickel plating brightener, which makes the helical starter drive gear have bright appearance.
Succinonitrile is often used as the raw material of quinacridone pigment.
Succinonitrile is often used in organic synthesis.
Succinonitrile can be used to manufacture nylon-4, which is mainly used to make clothes.
Succinonitrile can be used as battery electrolyte additive, which makes the batteries more stable.
- Packed in 5 kg metal pail or cardboard drum lined with plastic bag.
- Packed in 25 kg plastic drum.
- Packed as customers' requirements.
Succinonitrile is packed in cardboard drums, making the transportation easier.
Succinonitrile is packed in plastic drums, making the transportation and storage easier and safer.
Some matters need to attention in the process of storing and using succinonitrile:
- Keep the products in cool, dry and well-ventilated warehouses and separate them from oxidant, acid and food additives.
- Keep the products away from strong light and high temperature.
- Don't touch the products directly in the process of using.
Inquiry for Our Product
Hengshui Laike Chemical Products Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.